Human bodies are susceptible to injuries, illnesses and trauma. We never know when any injury may happen to us or the people we love or those who are around us. Thus it is always good to have some amount of basic knowledge to take care of critical situations, to keep it from going from bad to worse or till the medical help arrives.
Administering first aid to victims in the event of accidents, mishaps and occurrences during office and school hours or in the case of some accident is encouraged. One must know the basics of administering first aid and this knowledge is gained by getting trained.
Listed below are the 5 top reasons why first aid training is so important.
• Increases safety: The basis of first aid training is "prevention". It is always better to be safe than to be sorry. Knowledge of first aid promotes the sense of safety and well being amongst people, prompting them to be more alert and safe in the surroundings they dwell in. Awareness and desire to be accident free keeps you more safe and secure, reducing the number of causalities and accidents.
• Helps save lives: If a person who is trained to give first aid administration happens to see any casualty in his vicinity, immediate action can be taken and lives be saved. While it is natural for most of us to rush to support any injured person, a trained person is more reliable, confident and in control of himself and his actions while in trauma situations.
• Helps relieve pain: Some injuries require a very simple solution like applying ice pack or a quick rub. A ride to the emergency room is not necessary, at least not for some time. In such cases, calling a person trained in first aid courses is more reliable. They can help reduce the pain by performing simple procedures and can help relieve pain at least temporarily.
• Makes people more secure: Knowing that you can save your own life when required, or that of the people you know or those in trauma during some emergency helps you relax more and be more secure. The sense of security promotes a healthy and a more confident environment around you where you and the people around you would feel more secure. The presence of such people provides reassurance to the others in the situation.
• Prevents the situation from becoming worse: A trained person would know how to keep the situation from becoming bad to worse. They will provide temporary treatment which will keep the condition of the victim from deteriorating, till professional help arrives.
Knowledge of first aid promotes a healthy, secure and a safer environment, and instills confidence amongst people, their families, their colleagues and associates. Basic first aid knowledge is very helpful in dealing with trauma situations. Not just the medical help they provide, but the confidence they exhibit is very helpful during casualties. Being trained to provide first aid is useful to oneself and society.here