|Image source: onlinemedicinetips.com|
By following these 5 simple steps, you should soon become more comfortable, and be happy while waiting for your baby to be born.
1. Smaller Meals - One of the major causes of heartburn during pregnancy is eating a lot of food; thus, eating smaller portions would greatly help in attaining relief from it. Aside from that, eating smaller portion would also become easier for your stomach to digest, which will prevent it to cause heartburn. Just make sure to drink adequate amounts of lukewarm water half an hour after meals, so that you can also assist your tummy in processing the foods that you eat. Don't drink icy cold water as it will slow down digestion and causes heartburn.
2. Avoid Heartburn Causing Foods - Spicy, salty, and fatty foods can cause heartburn, as well as those that have higher sugar content. Avoiding them would greatly help in curing heartburn. Keep in mind that coffee, tea and soft drinks are also major culprits in heartburn; thus, it is best to avoid them while you are pregnant.
3. Elevate Your Head - Elevating your head while you are sleeping would prevent the acid to go back up to your esophagus; thereby, preventing heartburn.
4. Water - Although water is essential in having a healthy pregnancy and digestion. Don't drink too much of it during meals as this can also cause heartburn. Don't drink too much right after meals as well because this will dilute your stomach acid.
5. Clothing - Wearing comfortable and loose clothing while you are pregnant would greatly help in curing heartburn, since it will provide enough room for your stomach to breathe.
These are the simple steps that you can follow in order to have relief for heartburn during pregnancy. Follow them, so that you will have a pregnancy that you will be able to enjoy to the fullest.
Learn How to get rid of heartburn naturally at http://heartburncureshq.com