I have devised this technique based on my reading on some articles regarding aroma therapy and the effect of music on human brain a while ago. Although I have not conducted and scientific experiment to determine the success of this method, still, based on my reading, I am confident with this technique.
First, let me be the first to remind you that your discretion is highly advised. If you have any medical problem or issues, please, do consult with your doctor first before attempting any of the methods I am about to show you next.
Image source: chinadaily.com.cn
- A perfume, fragrance, scented oil or something similar that you can carry around easily. The smells must be distinctive.
- Events that can make you happy and elated. Find out what activities that will make you happy.
What you need to do?
- Whenever you experience an event that make you feel happy, for example like finishing a due work, enjoying a holiday, watching a good movie (happy ending movie are highly preferable) and such, take out the perfume and smell it.
- Repeat Step 1 whenever you encounter an event with the same experience again. Your decision must be unbiased, only pick on the event that had truly made you happy.
- Once you have repeated Step 1 and Step 2 for like 8 - 10 times, it is now the time to do some experimenting. Find a time where your mood is neutral (neither happy nor sad). Take out the perfume and smell it. If somehow you feels good and happy without any reason, congratulation, you have created yourself your own happy mood inducing perfume. You can now smell this perfume whenever you feel sad and depressed and automatically, your mood will switch from negative to happy instead. If not, proceed to Step 4. Don't forget to repeat Step 1 and Step 2 every time you got the chance or the scent will become dull over time.
- Repeat Step 2 again for a while then proceed to Step 3.
Whenever you feel happy or sad, your brain will record all the stimuli that are present to your senses at that moment. Therefore, by using the technique I have written above, you "mark" these event that makes you happy using a distinctive smells and record it into your memory.
After some repetition, your brain will accustomed to this smell and start to believe that every happy moment coexists with this particular smell. Hence, by smelling this scent even though you were not experiencing any happy event, your brain will be fooled and starts to increase the level of serotonin in your body.
Ziko is the author of http://jigzopuzzle.blogspot.com.
Although he is lacking in term of writing skill not to mention that English is his second language, he is determined to be a successful blogger someday and hopefully he will achieve his ambition sooner or later.
(C) Copyright - Ziko Sanam. All Rights Reserves Worldwide.