Wednesday, June 8, 2011
at 9:00 PM
1. Understand the needs of the customers and then find a solution to fulfill their requirements and also the goals of the manufacturing process. These include efficiency of the process, branding, usage by the customers and also its relevance for the market. Thus, it is essential to find where it is necessary to make changes in the packaging. These can be to make packages light in weight, strong structured, ensured protection of the product and also ready for the machine.
2. During the designing method, efficiency is a major issue throughout biopharma packaging. It reduces hazardous effect on the environment. An example is, in case of prefilled packages of the medication they provide benefits to the consumers, pharmacists and also environment. This packaging thus speeds up the handling procedure and saves time to attend the consumer. A rigid and strong packaging implies that there is no further need for the additional material to be used for the shipping of products such as corrugated boxes. The first and second step of packaging should be completed in one step for the drugs at a single location only. It will lead to save cost as well as energy.
3. With the advancement in research and technology new opportunities are rising to bring sustainability in the biopharm packaging. This technical advancement involves the use of smart applications for packaging. They can be those that can record, use light and sound during communication with customer and transmit the data at the right time. Such developments can enhance the current design as well as the supply chain process.
4. A packaging that is well designed should be used for the current equipment. The equipments can be further enhanced to run efficiently and with more flexibility.
5. A streamlined transportation is like a carbon footprint. One must reduce the extra weight of the package, avoid any kind of tertiary packaging and also optimize the shipping route. Blister packages, a type of packaging are delivered in fully loaded form for the immediate distribution to the pharmacists. They can be stacked easily, stored and dispatched in more efficient manner.
A socially sustainable pharmaceutical biological packaging is the one that reflects the safety and effectiveness and also increases the patient's adherence to the medication. Taking an instance, the convenience blister packages remind patients to take medicines at right time thus eliminating omission. Increased adherences lead to better health and large outcome for the industry. This way it gets easy for the sustainability and biopharmaceuticals packaging to go together.
You can get more information about Biopharmaceutical Packaging by visiting Biotechnology Packaging
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Naveen_Kumawat